Plot your next chapter
Imagine yourself at a magical chateau in the heart of France's Burgundy region, full of enthusiasm, inspiration, and returning with a working plan for the year (life) ahead.
If you are passionate about the path that you are already on, you're ready to expand the horizon and envision the next chapter.
If you are not inspired by your current path, you can build a plan to change directions, tweak your plot, and create a new personal narrative or vision.
Julie developed these retreats from a personal need. "I would go away to relaxing vacations, inspiring destinations, or yoga/meditation retreats, but as soon as they ended I was back to my high-octane life, where nothing had really changed, counting the days till my next getaway." These retreats are designed to stay with you far beyond the chateau experience.
Chateau de Mailly, Bourgogne, France
A 4-night personal strategy retreat in a magical chateau that includes a private room/bath, meals prepared by chef Ollie Timberlake, workshops, one-on-one sessions, therapeutic massage, and the tools to map your future success. Eat, drink, be inspired and create a plan for your next chapter. Plan to leave recharged, focused and invigorated.
Consider it a powerful vacation with benefits.
- Wednesday, evening arrival (Welcome reception 7-9pm)
- Thursday, full day *
- Friday, full day*
- Saturday, full day*
- Sunday, afternoon departure, post-brunch, 2:30pm
* Morning workshops with afternoon solo exploration
Does this sound like something you are ready to experience for yourself? If so, take a few minutes to fill out the retreat application. This will give us a benchmark of where things are at for you right now, and where you'd like them to be. You may be surprised to find the application process is a powerful step towards realizing your bigger vision. Once you've completed it, we will contact you to discuss the possibilities.
The purpose of these retreats is to:
• Hit the reset button
• Re-engage with your inspired self in a creative and laid-back way
• Give your vision a tune-up
• Stimulate your imagination from a magical location
• Step outside of your day-to-day routine in order to re-imagine your life, career, business
• Dissolve the strength of your challenges, problems and limitations
• Create a path forward with clear, actionable steps
Please come to the retreat with:
• A vision, a yearning for something more interesting to you, or specific goal
• An openness to new perspectives, possibilities, and inspirations
• The willingness to absorb the wisdom of this magical location
• A courageous mindset to face obstacles and challenges
• A kind energy and willingness to be your best self
• A commitment to yourself and your life as your most important project
You’ll leave with:
• A reawakening of your enthusiastic and inspired self
• A path forward plus an action plan to get there
• A new connection with a magical location
• A clear picture of what will push you forward, and what will hold you back
• A toolset to overcome obstacles
• A support system
• Post-retreat virtual support to keep you in the zone
Who it is for:
People who are the creative visionaries of their own life. This is a wonderful opportunity to come solo, or to experience with a friend, sibling, godchild/godparent or whomever you'd like to explore your journey with.
2700€ (2500€ early bird pricing is available if paid by June 1, 2017)
· A private room with a private bath at Chateau de Mailly (based on single occupancy)
· Morning vision workshops, with afternoon solo exploration and private one-on-one sessions
· Gourmet meals by chef Ollie Timberlake: vegetarian-friendly breakfasts, lunches, and dinners, including wine
· On-site therapeutic massage
· Retreat supplies
· 1:1 follow up session with Julie, 30 days post-retreat, to keep you in the zone
Julie Hosler has been in the transformation business her entire life and has experienced a successful career as a narrative strategist, helping brands and individuals become something more meaningful and inspiring to themselves, their employees and those they serve. She developed these retreats from a personal need, “I would go away on relaxing vacations, inspiring destinations, or yoga/meditation retreats but as soon as they ended I was back to my high-octane life, where nothing had really changed, and I’d be counting the days till my next getaway.” I’ve created these retreats to extract you from your day-to-day and kick-start your next chapter in a powerful way.
OllieTimberlake first started catering in London over 25 years ago to private and business clients. She now creates her culinary treasures from Bourgogne, France and sources her produce from both local farmers, artisanal producers, and some of France’s best wine makers. She creates a distinct infusion of flavors that are influenced by her love and knowledge of classical French cuisine combined with her English and Jamaican heritage, described as fresh, yet rustic, comforting, yet vibrant–always beautiful and nourishing. www.ollietimberlake.co
Le Chateau de Mailly, 5 rue du Chateau, 89660 Mailly le Chateau, France
By train : the direct train from Paris to Mailly la Ville, lasts two hours and twenty minutes. There are two trains daily. Mailly la Ville is three kilometers from Mailly le Chateau. We will provide transportation from the station. Otherwise, there are several trains daily from Paris to Auxerre, which is 25 kilometers from Mailly le Chateau. Transportation from the Auxerre station will be provided as well.
By car : The drive from the center of Paris to Mailly le Chateau lasts just under two hours, traffic permitting. One must take the A6 autoroute to exit 19, Auxerre Nord, and then follow N 6 south in the direction of Dijon, bypassing Auxerre. The exit to Mailly la ville will be indicated off to the right ,about 15 kilometers down N6. More detailed directions are available upon request.
About the chateau
Perched high above the Burgundian countryside, with its prehistoric rock formations, cow dotted pastures and surrounding forests, at the confluence of the Yonne river and the Canal Nivernais, sits the Chateau de Mailly. Originally a fortified stronghold and still encircled by its medieval walls, it offers unobstructed views stretching miles around. Within its fortified walls, are five buildings, a rooftop garden, and pool, surrounding its center courtyard. The oldest structures date back to the middle ages.
Built on a cliff's edge in front, and protected by a ravine in back, commanding the valley at the border of the Auxerrois and the Nivernais regions, an ideal location for an easily defendable stronghold, the Chateau of Mailly, has, nevertheless, been battered through six centuries of war, destroyed once during the Hundred Year War and then again during the French revolution. www.chateau-de-mailly.com/